- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Red Chillies, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves,crushed
- 2 tsp Chopped Oregano
- 1 small Bunch Basil, stalks removed and chopped.
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1 1/2 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- 2 400g Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 500g Spaghetti
- Basil & Oregano, chopped
- Set the timer on the Soup Maker to 10 minutes on ‘SAUTE’
- Add the olive oil, followed by the onion, chillies and garlic. Cook until the onions have softened, stirring occasionally.
- Once the onions are soft, add the oregano, basil, capers, sugar and lastly the tinned tomatoes.
- Set the timer to 30 minutes on ‘HIGH’, stirring occasionally. With 15 minutes remaining on the timer, remove the measuring cup and replace at a slight angle to allow steam to escape easily. This will help the sauce thicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with spaghetti, garnished with oregano, basil and freshly grated parmesan
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Basic Pasta Recipe | How To Make Pasta From Scratch