- 500g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 small pot natural yoghurt
- 100ml milk
- 8 rashers dry cured back bacon
- brown sauce, if desired
- Put the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Using a pair of scissors cut the spring onion tops into the bowl. Then add the yoghurt and milk and mix together to form a dough.
- Roll the dough out into a circle about 2-3 cm thick then cut it into quarters.
- Heat a frying pan and add some oil. Place the bread into the pan and cook on a gentle heat on both sides for about 4 minutes until golden. When the farls are cooked remove them from the pan and keep warm.
- Cook the bacon until crisp. When the bacon is almost cooked, cut the farls in half and place them cut side down in the pan to soak up all that great flavour.