- 250g sushi rice
- 2 tbsp mirin (or 2 tbsp rice vinegar mixed with 1 tsp caster sugar)
- 1 large avocado, skinned, stoned and sliced
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 4 sheets nori seaweed
- 4 large slices smoked salmon
- Bunch chives
- Sweet soy sauce, for dipping (optional)
- Put the rice in a bowl and rinse with cold water, repeat 3 times and then drain in a sieve. Put the rice into a pan with 300ml water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on. Turn off the heat and leave to stand for 30 minutes. Fold in the mirin.
- Put the avocado in a bowl and pour the lemon juice over, tossing gently to make sure all the pieces are coated.
- Place a sheet of seaweed onto the bamboo roll and spread a quarter of the rice on top, leaving a 2cm border at both ends of the seaweed. Place a sheet of salmon over the rice and top with a few chives. Place a quarter of the avocado in the middle of the salmon. Moisten the top edge of the seaweed with a little water, fold the bottom edge over the filling and roll up firmly. Remove from the mat and chill. Repeat 3 times.
- Cut each roll into 8 rounds and serve with soy sauce, if desired.
Spiced Salmon & Spring Onion Fried Rice
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
Fabulous Family Fish Pie for the Remoska Tria
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®