- 3 Weetabix
- 80g sultanas
- 120g light muscovado or light soft brown sugar
- 200ml milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 120g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Mascarpone or low fat soft cheese
- Blueberries and honey
- Put the Weetabix into a mixing bowl with the sultanas, sugar and milk. Cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Line a 450g (1lb) loaf tin with non-stick baking parchment. Pour just-boiled water into your slow cooker to a depth of about 5cm. Preheat on high while you finish making the cake.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and crack in the eggs. Beat together, then add to the soaked mixture with the flour, nutmeg and salt. Stir thoroughly, then transfer to the tin. Cover with a greased tent of foil, tucking it tightly around the edges of the tin. Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on High for 3 hours.
- Carefully lift the tin from the cooker with oven gloves, and check that the cake is cooked by inserting a cake tester or fine skewer – it should come out clean. Cook for longer if required.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then slice and serve spread with mascarpone or low fat soft cheese and topped with blueberries and honey.
Serve as an afternoon tea treat, spread with butter, or just left plain.
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Slow-Cooked Cranberry & Rosemary Soda Bread
Pressure-Cooked Cheddar, Leek & Spring Onion Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding
Mozzarella & Sun-Dried Tomato Mini Loaves
Gluten-Free Cheese & Garlic Tear & Share Bread
Milk Kefir Bread
Rosemary Focaccia for the Remoska