- 1 packet of pre-rolled frozen puff pastry
- 6 Golden delicious apples, peeled and cored
- caster sugar, to taste
- 50g unsalted butter
For Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- 250g mascarpone
- 50g caster sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas Mark8.
- Lightly flour a board, put the puff pastry on top of the flour and cut out four 12cm discs.
- Prick each disc with a fork and place onto a baking sheet.
- Finely slice the apples and arrange on the pastry discs leaving a one centimetre edge. Sprinkle with sugar and dot with slices of butter. Turn up the edges of the pastry.
- Cook for approx 25- 30 minutes until golden brown. Keep warm.
- Whilst the tarts are cooking make the lemon mascarpone cream.
- Mix together the mascarpone, sugar, lemon zest and juice. Refrigerate until required.
Sprinkle each tart with sieved icing sugar, spoon the lemon mascarpone cream onto the centre of each tart. Warm honey can also be dribbled over the tarts.