- 1kg (2-pound) piece beef chuck steak
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander and smoked paprika
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 large flour tortillas, warmed
- Rub beef with combined spices; place in the slow cooker. Pour over combined stock, paste, chilli and garlic. Cook, covered, on low for 6 hours.
- Remove beef from cooker. When cool enough to handle, shred meat coarsely using two forks. Discard half the liquid from slow cooker. Return meat to cooker; season to taste.
- Serve shredded beef in tortillas with guacamole, tomato salsa, grated cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce and fresh coriander.
Suitable to freeze at the end of step 2.
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt
Courgette, Aubergine and Spinach Cannelloni