- 120ml soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 120ml pineapple juiceè
- 120ml runny honeyè
- 2 tsp chilli garlic sauceèè
- 4 tbsp toasted black & white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 240g spring greens or bistro salad leaves
- Half a bunch fresh corianderè
- 350g fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 red chilli, sliced
Ginger & lime vinaigrette
- 240ml sesame oil or toasted sesame oil
- 120ml soy sauce
- 4 tbsp pineapple juice
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp chilli garlic sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Zest & juice of 2 limes
- 4 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or mincedè
- 2-3 tbsp toasted black & white sesame seeds
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved and sliced
- In a small saucepan, mix the soy sauce and cornflour until smooth. Stir in the pineapple juice, honey, chilli garlic sauce and sesame seeds.
- Place the pan on a medium heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce is just beginning to thicken and coat the back of a spoon. Set the pan aside.
- Heat a large griddle pan on high and add 1 tbsp sesame oil. Sear the tuna steaks for 1-2 minutes, then flip and brush the seared side with the soy sauce mixture. Sear for 1-2 minutes more, then remove the steaks from the pan and brush them with the remaining soy sauce mixture. Slice into strips.
- To prepare the salad, combine the greens, coriander, pineapple chunks and sliced red chilli in a bowl.
- In another bowl make the vinaigrette by combining the sesame oil, soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, chilli garlic sauce, tahini, 2 tsp lime zest, juice of 2 limes, fresh ginger and garlic. Add 2-3 tbsp black and white sesame seeds.
- To serve, divide the salad between 4 plates. Peel, halve and slice the avocados and place on top of the salad with the seared tuna, then drizzle over the vinaigrette.
Vitamix Harissa Vinaigrette
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Warm Quinoa, Couscous & Feta Salad
Pink Grapefruit, Fennel & Rocket Salad
Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Warm Lentil & Seared Rosemary Lamb Salad
Ham Hock Caesar Salad