- 4 eggs
- 225g sausage meat
- 1 level tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3 level tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 level tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- seasoned plain flour for dusting and coating
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 85g breadcrumbs
- oil for deep frying
- Place 4 eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil then simmer for 9 minutes. Remove from the heat, cool under cold running water, remove the shells and put aside.
- Mix the sausage meat with the chopped herbs and spring onion and season well.
- Divide the sausage mixture into four on a floured surface then flatten each piece into a shape roughly 13 x 8cm.
- Coat the boiled eggs with seasoned flour then place one in the centre of each piece of sausage mixture. Wrap the meat around the egg, ensuring it’s completely covered. Smooth the surface, dip into the beaten egg then roll in the breadcrumbs until thoroughly coated.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan until a cube of bread sizzles when dropped in.
- Deep fry for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the pan, drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool.