- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large fresh red chillies
- a small handful of coriander
- 500g salmon fillet, skin off and pin-boned (ask your fishmonger to do this for you)
- 300g sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For The Sauce
- 4 tablespoons XO sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 200ml chicken or fish stock
- Finely slice the onion, garlic and chilli. Roughly chop the coriander.
- Cut the salmon into large ½cm bite-sized pieces. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
BUILD YOUR WOK CLOCK:
- Place your sliced onion at 12 o’clock, then arrange the garlic, chilli, sugar snap peas, salmon, sauce bowl and coriander clockwise around your plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking-hot.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds until lightly browned, then add the sugar snap peas and stir-fry for a further minute until the peas are slightly coloured.
- Transfer the ingredients from the wok to a bowl, add a further 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok and return to smoking point. Allow to smoke for 5 seconds to ensure the wok is hot enough for the fish to sear well without sticking, then add the salmon. Stir fry for 1─2 minutes until the salmon is browned on all sides.
- Return the vegetables to the wok, pour over the sauce and bring to a vigorous boil. Cook for a further 1 minute until the sauce has thickened and reduced enough to just coat the ingredients, then transfer to a large dish. Scatter over the coriander and serve with a side of steamed rice
TIP: The best way to turn the salmon (or any fragile ingredient) in the wok while stir-frying without breaking up the delicate pieces is to use a fish slice, lifting up and folding the ingredients gently from underneath.
Spiced Salmon & Spring Onion Fried Rice
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
Fabulous Family Fish Pie for the Remoska Tria
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®