- 2 medium eggs
- 100g ricotta
- 125g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 2 medium courgettes, spiralized
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125ml milk
- 200g wholemeal or spelt flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease a 12 hole deep bun tin with Cake Release or line each hole with a 15cm square of greaseproof paper, pushing the paper down until it sticks up.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the ricotta and 100g of the Parmesan and whisk again to combine. Add three-quarters of the spiralized courgette, the thyme, olive oil and milk, then mix until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and add the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 holes so that they are all filled almost to the top. Place the leftover courgette on top of each muffin to resemble a nest and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops spring back when touched. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli