- 1 good tablespoon olive oil
- 350g (12oz) finely sliced leeks
- 6 plump Cumberland sausages
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 700g/1½lb potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 30g (1½oz) butter, melted
- 200ml (6fl oz) vegetable stock (from a cube)
- 100g (4oz) mature Cheddar or Gruyère, grated (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the oil in the Remoska, add the sliced leeks, stir well to coat and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring very occasionally.
- In the meantime cut each sausage into three pieces and toss in the flour to lightly coat. Melt the butter in a deep bowl, and coat and lightly season the sliced potatoes, stirring them well.
- When the leeks have softened add the sausage pieces, cover with the sliced potatoes, pour on the stock and cook for about an hour or until the potatoes are crispy and light brown.
- Switch off, sprinkle on the grated cheese if desired and gently stir it into the pot and serve. A tomato salad is a good accompaniment.
Mexican Pull-Apart Pork
Barbecued American-Style Pork Ribs
Shredded Beef Tacos
Herby Toad-in-the-Hole with Red Onion Gravy
Wendy’s Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney