- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g Puy lentils
- Handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- 450ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 tbsp creamed hot horseradish
- 75ml double cream
- Good squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat the butter with the oil in an ovenproof dish, then fry the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, fry for 30 seconds, then stir in the lentils, thyme and stock. Cover with a lid or tin foil, then transfer to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lentils from the oven. Stir in the horseradish, cream, lemon juice and some seasoning. Season the salmon, place on top, then return to the oven, covered, for 8-10 minutes until the fillets are just cooked.
- Remove the dish from the oven, then sprinkle with the parsley.
Per serving: 740kcals, 34.4g fat (12.4g saturated), 59g protein, 48g carbs (4.6g sugars), 0.7g salt, 16.3g fibre
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie