- 100 g butter (cold)
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 g soft flour (chilled)
- With your fingertips, rub together very cold butter with chilled flour and sugar to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Crack the egg into the breadcrumbs.
- Cut the egg into the crumbs gently using a metal spoon until fully combined to form a light dough.
- Roll out the dough thinly between two sheets of baking parchment.
- Allow to chill in the fridge or freezer until hard.
- Cut out the required shape and bake on a tray for 5- 6 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius/ 325 degrees Fahrenheit, Gas Mark 3 until golden brown.
- When cooked dust the biscuits with sugar.