- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 3 sticks celery
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube (made up with a pint of boiling water)
- 2 handfuls Rossini pasta
- 1 x 400g mixed Italian beans
- 1 tsp pesto or salsa verde to finish would be nice
- Chop all the vegetables roughly and add to a large pan with a little of olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Chop the rosemary and garlic and add to the pan.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and stock, simmer for 25 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the pasta and the beans and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- I like to serve this soup with a good dollop of fresh pesto or salsa verdi, it just brings it to life, gives it energy it “slaps you in the face and tells you it’s there!”
- This soup is one for taking up the mountains or a packed lunch for work.
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo and Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt