For the flatbreads
- 250g plain flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stalks removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 225ml natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the halloumi
- 250g Halloumi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- To make the flatbreads, sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl then stir in the rosemary. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yogurt and oil. Stir with a round-bladed knife until the mixture comes together.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out on a lightly floured surface into oval shapes approximately 20cm long and 12cm wide at the centre. Place on a floured tray and cover with a clean damp tea towel until guests are ready to cook.
- Cut the Halloumi into 8 equal slices and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare and light the grill according to the instructions. When it is ready, cook the flatbreads for about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and well risen. Cook the Halloumi for 2 minutes on each side until it heats through, softens a little and browns. Place the grilled Halloumi on the flatbread and drizzle with lemon dressing before eating.
Tip: You can liven up the basic flatbread dough recipe with ingredients such as olives, roasted peppers, SunBlush tomatoes or red onion. Flatbreads are the perfect accompaniment to almost any barbecued food.
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Ooni’s Perfect Flame-Cooked Steak