- A little butter, for greasing
- 300g cold roast potatoes
- 100g cold cooked pigs in blankets or chipolatas, chopped into 2-3cm chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml milk
- ½ tsp mixed dried herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Cut a piece of foil measuring roughly 30cm square and use this to line an 18cm cake tin, taking care not to tear it. Grease with the butter.
- Using a fork, squish the potatoes to flatten them, then put them into the cake tin with the pigs in blankets or chipolatas.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and herbs. Season with salt and pepper, then pour into the tin. Sprinkle the cheese over the surface.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Cool for a few moments, then serve, cut into wedges.
Tips: Serve with sizzled cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, or mixed salad leaves. Vegetarians could make this without the pigs in blankets or chipolatas. If you want to make a larger version, use a 20cm cake tin and scale up the ingredients – 400g potatoes, 150g pigs in blankets or chipolatas and 3 large eggs beaten with 200ml milk.
Gammon with Chorizo, Tomatoes & Beans
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Perfect Flame-Cooked Steak
Ooni’s Umami Ribeye Steaks with Honey Butter Asparagus
How to make… the perfect Lasagne with Sue Ashworth
How to make… the perfect Beef Wellington with Sue Ashworth