- 4 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 10g vanilla sugar
- 250ml full cream milk
- 200ml double cream
- 1 shot espresso
- 2 dstsp of instant coffee diluted with 1 tsp boiling water
- Put the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar into a bowl and beat until the yolks are almost white.
- Gently heat the milk.
- Beat the cream through the egg mixture, add both types of coffee and then add this gradually to the hot milk.
- When the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, pour the cream mixture into a pan.
- Heat to a moderate temperature for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Allow to cool to refrigerator temperature then churn as instructed in your ice cream maker.