- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g sweet potato or butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 200g carrots, sliced
- 200g parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
For the batter
- 100g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
To cook the batter
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/Gas 7.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto a Multi-Purpose Oven Tray or roasting tin and add the sweet potato or butternut squash, carrots and parsnips. Toss to coat in the oil, then transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the red onion and cumin seeds to the oven tray, toss with the other vegetables and roast for a further 12-15 minutes while making the batter.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl and add the salt, egg and milk. Beat with a whisk to make a smooth batter (this will only take a few moments). Transfer to a jug to make pouring easier, then cover and leave to stand.
- Put ½ tsp vegetable oil into each of the 4 Oval Pie Dishes. Remove the vegetables from the oven and share them between the four dishes. Transfer to the oven for 2-3 minutes to heat them, then quickly pour the batter around the vegetables and close the oven door. Bake for a further 25 minutes, until the batter is puffed up and golden brown.
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt
Courgette, Aubergine and Spinach Cannelloni
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin