- 1 butternut squash
- handful of sage leaves
- Salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 400g spaghetti
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian parmesan) or pecorino cheese
- Cut the squash down the middle and scoop out the seeds. Using a sharp knife score the flesh and roast in the oven at 180°C with some of the sage, salt and pepper and olive oil for about 45 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta according to the packet instructions.
- When the squash is cool, scoop out the flesh and chop into a puree.
- Put the squash and ricotta into a warm pan, add a small amount of olive oil to help loosen the sauce. Add the cooked pasta and mix together.
- Serve with chopped fresh sage and parmesan or pecorino cheese grated on the top with a drizzle of olive oil.