- 1.75kg shoulder of lamb, boned
- 150ml lamb stock
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the stuffing:
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 10 dried apricots, quartered
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Mix together all the stuffing ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb on a chopping board, boned side up and spread with the stuffing. Roll up and tie with string every inch or so to hold shape while cooking. For additional flavour, try adding some sprigs of rosemary and a few apricots to the top of the roast.
- Place in our Roasting Pan with Rack, rub some oil over the lamb and pan, season well with salt and pepper. Pour the lamb stock into the base of the pan. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and cook for a further 1 hour 20 minutes, basting occasionally with any juices.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the pan and put on a plate to rest before carving and serving with baby carrots and roast potatoes.