- 2 medium-sized chicken leg portions (do not remove the skin)
- 2 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 110g (4oz) white mushroom, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 150ml (5floz) water
- 1 dsp arrowfoot powder dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pour the water into the Remoska, put the lid on and switch it on to heat up while you prepare the vegetables. Add the carrot chunks, followed by the diced onion and sliced mushrooms, sprinkle over the parsley, add salt and pepper, then lay the chicken portions on top, ensuring that they are upside-down. Surround the chicken with potato chunks, pressing the chunks down if necessary to keep them on a level with the chicken. To avoid the food burning, do not pile it too high in the pan. Spray or brush the chicken and potatoes with a fine layer of olive oil, then add more salt and pepper. Replace the lid.
- Cook for 30 minutes then turn the chicken pieces over so that they are the right side up. Also turn the top layer of potato chunks over to brown the other side. Spray/brush again with olive oil, then replace the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes. Cut into one of the chicken pieces to check that it is cooked through then, using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and vegetables from the pan and arrange them on a serving dish.
- Very quickly, before the liquid remaining in the pan cools down, add the dissolved arrowroot, stir until the sauce thickens, then immediately stir in the double cream. Serve the chicken and vegetables with the sauce poured over the top.
Tip: Arrowroot is used here rather than flour or cornflour because it can thicken without requiring to be boiled.
Jerk-Spiced Chicken Drumsticks
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto