- 1.8kg whole chicken
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ lemon
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 30g butter, softened
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Insert two thyme sprigs, the lemon and two of the garlic cloves. Tuck the wings under the chicken and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Place the chicken breast-side up in an oiled roasting tin. Rub all over with the softened butter then roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, add the onion and remaining garlic to the tin, then roast for a further 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining thyme over the chicken and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve with roasted garlic and onions.
Prue Leith’s Chicken Karahi
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Yakitori Mini Burgers with Wasabi Dip
Jerk-Spiced Chicken Drumsticks
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken