For the dough
- 225g strong plain white flour, plus extra for dusting
- ¼ tsp salt
- 25g butter
- 2 tsp fast-action yeast
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 75ml warm milk
For the filling
- 50g butter, melted
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 50g pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
For the glaze
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 50g icing sugar
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- Finely shredded lemon zest
- Chopped pistachios
- Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips. Stir in the yeast and sugar. Beat the egg and milk together, then stir into the flour mixture. Use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a soft dough.
- Dust a work surface with a little flour. Turn the dough onto your work surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Cover and leave to rest for 10 minutes while you make the filling, by mixing together half the melted butter with the muscovado sugar, pistachio nuts and lemon zest.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle measuring approximately 25 x 30cm. Brush the surface of the dough with the remaining melted butter and sprinkle the filling on top. Roll up from one long end and cut into 10 slices with a sharp knife.
- Grease the Remoska with a few drops of vegetable oil, then arrange the buns inside (cut surfaces up), spacing them apart. Cover with cling film and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour, or until roughly doubled in size.
- Remove the cling film and add the lid on the Remoska. Switch on and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes until the buns are risen and golden brown. Switch off and remove the lid, then leave the buns to cool for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack.
- For the glaze, put the caster sugar and water into a small saucepan. Heat to dissolve, then boil for 40-60 seconds. Brush over the warm buns. Cool completely.
- To decorate, mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice to make a thin icing. Drizzle over the buns, then sprinkle them with fine shreds of lemon zest and chopped pistachios. Leave to set, then serve.
Tip: Another time, use finely chopped pecan nuts with orange zest and juice instead of pistachios and lemon.
Valentine’s Love Bug Cookies
Valentine’s Dipped Meringue Swirls
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Cake
Apple & Blueberry Frangipane Tart for the Remoska®