- 150g young carrots, cut into matchstick pieces
- 100g fine green beans, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- 1.5 litres hot vegetable stock
- 60g small pasta shapes
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 50g Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 50g frozen petits pois or garden peas
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese and basil leaves, to garnish
- Put the carrots, green beans, spring onions and cannellini beans into the Remoska with the dried herbs. Add the hot vegetable stock and stir. Cover with the lid, switch on, and cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove the lid and set it to one side carefully. Add the pasta shapes and lemon zest. Replace the lid and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and peas to the soup, stir them in, then replace the lid and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve, garnished with finely grated Parmesan cheese and a few basil leaves.
Tip: For a tomato-based minestrone, add a 400g can of chopped tomatoes with the cannellini beans and use 1.2 litres of stock.
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt
Courgette, Aubergine and Spinach Cannelloni