- 1 small chicken
For the stuffing
- 50g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- Finely grated zest of 1 small orange
- 20g pine nuts
- 50ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small orange
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Using your fingers, gently ease the skin away from the chicken breasts, starting from where the legs are tied at the top – you may have to release the legs. Do this carefully, as it’s best if the skin doesn’t tear.
- Make the stuffing by mixing together the breadcrumbs, thyme, orange zest, pine nuts and stock. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Gently push the stuffing between the skin and breast of the chicken, spreading it out and patting it down, ideally covering the breasts. Put the chicken into a roasting bag.
- Half the orange, squeeze the juice from one half and mix this with the mustard and olive oil. Pour this into the roasting bag. Cut the other half of the orange into wedges and pop them into the bag. Tie loosely and turn the chicken around a couple of times to coat in the mustard mixture. Lift the chicken into the Remoska and pierce the bag 2-3 times. Cover with the lid, switch on and cook for one and a half hours.
- Check that the chicken is fully cooked by inserting a sharp knife into the thickest part (just tear open the top of the roasting bag). There should be no trace of pink juices. If necessary, cook for a little longer. Once cooked, carefully lift the chicken onto a board and remove the roasting bag. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Tips: Try using a lemon instead of the orange, and rosemary instead of thyme. You could use the cooking juices from the roasting bag as a base for gravy.
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Herby Toad-in-the-Hole with Red Onion Gravy
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage
Miso Aubergines with Tofu, Sesame & Chilli
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®