- 1 kg of currants
- 1 kg of sugar
- Pick through the currants, removing stalks and bad currants.
- Lightly bruise the currants, but don’t mash them.
- Put the currants and sugar into a preserving pan, bring to the boil and stir well.
- Once all the sugar has dissolved, continue boiling for about 8 minutes until the jelly is clear and thickened.
- Empty the contents of the pan into a Jelly Strainer and allow to drip through into a bowl.
- Pour into clean jars, pre-warmed to prevent them cracking. Cover with waxed discs if needed and seal while still hot.