- 250g butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 110g caster sugar
- 50g rice flour or ground rice
- 150g self-raising flour
- 200g plain flour
- 250g raspberries
- 160g raspberry jam
- Lightly grease a 25cm loose-based flan tin.
- Have butter at room temperature. Beat butter, rind, juice and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Stir in sifted flour in 2 batches, press the ingredients together gently and knead lightly until smooth.
- Press dough evenly into tin, bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and let cool.
- Place shortcake on a serving plate and decorate with the raspberries.
- Warm the jam in a small pan, strain and brush evenly over the fruit.
- As an alternative, why not try this recipe with strawberries instead?