- 4 large egg whites
- 300g icing sugar
- Pink food colouring
- 140g ground almonds
- 125g mascarpone
- 4-5 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large, clean bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add in the icing sugar, mixing well between each addition. Add a few drops of food colouring and whisk until the mixture is even, light pink, thick and glossy.
- Using a clean metal spoon, gently fold in the almonds. Dot 20 heaped teaspoons of mixture onto each baking sheet. Gently tap the baking sheets on the worktop to help break up any air bubbles. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven, leaving the door slightly ajar so steam can escape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until just crisp, but not browned. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, ease from the baking parchment with a palette knife. Gently spread 20 of the circles with jam and 20 of the circles with mascarpone. Gently sandwich the halves together.