- 80g butter, at room temperature
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 80g self-raising flour
- 80g ground almonds
- 80g raspberries, halved
- 80g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or water
- Flaked almonds
- 12 raspberries, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Beat together the butter and caster sugar until light and creamy, then gradually add the eggs, beating well between each addition. Stir in the almond or vanilla extract. Fold in the flour and ground almonds, then gently stir in the raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the moulds, levelling the tops. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until risen and pale golden brown. Cool in the mould for 10 minutes, then lift out carefully and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To decorate, mix together the icing sugar with just enough lemon juice or water to make a runny icing. Drizzle over the cakes, then sprinkle with flaked almonds and top each with half a raspberry.
Tip: Blueberries work just as well as raspberries in this recipe.