- 750g raw beetroot, unpeeled
- 6 tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded & chopped into 3cm cubes
- 1 head broccoli
- 250g fresh peas, shelled (or 60g frozen peas)
- 3 tbsp quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 tbsp toasted mixed seeds (sunflower, poppy, sesame)
- Small handful alfalfa sprouts
- Set 3 shelves in the oven and preheat to 200°C.
- Put one beetroot aside and place the others in a small roasting tray, sprinkle with salt, add 100ml water and cover with foil. Roast on the top shelf for about 1½ hours.
- Lay the tomatoes cut-side up on a baking tray, season with salt, drizzle with olive oil and bake on the lowest shelf for 1 hour.
- On another baking tray, roll the butternut squash in olive oil with salt and pepper then roast on the middle shelf for 45 minutes.
- Boil the broccoli and peas (unless using frozen) for about 2 minutes in slightly salted water then lift out with a slotted spoon and run under cold water to cool.
- Add the quinoa to the broccoli water, stir then simmer for 15 minutes before draining and allowing to cool.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a hot frying pan, lightly fry the garlic and add the mushrooms. Season to taste, add the lemon juice and cook for no more than 4 minutes.
- Peel and grate the remaining raw beetroot and mix with the cabbage.
- Peel the roast beetroot while it is still warm and cut into wedges then allow to cool with the other vegetables.
- In a large glass serving bowl, layer the quinoa, cabbage and beetroot mix, broccoli and peas, squash, tomatoes, mushrooms, toasted seeds and alfalfa. Serve with a dressing of your choice.
Vitamix Harissa Vinaigrette
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Warm Quinoa, Couscous & Feta Salad
Pink Grapefruit, Fennel & Rocket Salad
Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Ham Hock Caesar Salad
Warm Lentil & Seared Rosemary Lamb Salad