- 200g red or white quinoa
- 500ml water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 60ml olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 75g sunflower seeds, toasted
- 250g halloumi, cut into 1cm slices
- 210g Greek-style yoghurt
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- Bring quinoa and the water to the boil in a medium saucepan cook, covered, over low heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain cool slightly.
- Combine garlic, juice, spices and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large bowl season to taste. Add quinoa to bowl with mint, spinach leaves and seeds toss gently to combine.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat cook halloumi for 1 minute each side or until golden.
- Serve quinoa salad topped with haloumi, yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.
Tips: Fresh pomegranate seeds can be found in the refrigerator section of supermarkets. Alternatively, cut a whole pomegranate in half and scrape the seeds from flesh with your fingers while holding the pomegranate upside down in a bowl of cold water the seeds will sink and the white pith will float. Make sure you cook the halloumi just before serving, as it becomes tough and rubbery on cooling.
Vitamix Harissa Vinaigrette
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Warm Quinoa, Couscous & Feta Salad
Pink Grapefruit, Fennel & Rocket Salad
Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Ham Hock Caesar Salad
Warm Lentil & Seared Rosemary Lamb Salad