- 100g puy lentils
- 75g walnuts
- 125ml sherry or red wine vinegar
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small radicchio (150g), leaves separated
- 2 large heads of chicory (250g), leaves separated
- 180g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 120g gorgonzola
- Cook lentils in a medium saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, 25 minutes or until lentils are tender drain. Rinse under cold water drain well.
- Meanwhile, add nuts to a small frying pan stir over medium heat until nuts are toasted lightly. Transfer to a chopping board, cool slightly chop coarsely.
- Whisk vinegar and oil in a large serving bowl season to taste. Add radicchio, chicory, tomatoes, parsley and lentils toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with nuts and crumbled gorgonzola.
Tips: Canned brown lentils can be used in place of puy lentils to save time. Radicchio and chicory have a bitter flavour, so you can use baby cos lettuce if you prefer. Use cherry tomatoes if baby plum tomatoes are unavailable.
Vitamix Harissa Vinaigrette
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Warm Quinoa, Couscous & Feta Salad
Pink Grapefruit, Fennel & Rocket Salad
Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Warm Lentil & Seared Rosemary Lamb Salad
Ham Hock Caesar Salad