For the filling
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 90ml hot water
- 80g demerara sugar (plus a spoonful for sprinkling)
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, grated
- 1 small mango, peeled and sliced
For the crêpe mixture
- 220g plain flour, sifted
- A pinch of salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 400ml milk
- 150ml water
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 lime, quartered
- Mix together all the ingredients for the filling. Heat gently in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes until any excess moisture has evaporated. Set aside until serving.
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Whisk the eggs, milk and water together in a jug.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and salt and slowly whisk in the egg mixture, bringing it together into a smooth batter.
- Place the flat pan on a medium heat and grease with a little melted butter.
- When the butter is sizzling add a ladle of batter and swirl around to coat the pan. Cook for 30-40 seconds on one side, then flip and cook for 10-15 seconds on the other.
- Stack the crêpes as you make them on a warm plate.
- Spread each crêpe with the filling, roll up and sprinkle lightly with a little demerara sugar and a good squeeze of lime.