- 800ml fish or chicken stock
- Small pinch of saffron strands
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300g paella or risotto rice
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 220g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 400g frozen raw mixed seafood, defrosted
- 200g jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- Handful of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring your stock to the boil, stir in the saffron and set aside.
- Warm the oil in your Paella Pan and fry the onion until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, rice and white wine. Stir in the tomatoes and stock and season with salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the mixed seafood, peppers and frozen peas. Cover with foil and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice is tender but still with a little bite, and the liquid is absorbed.
- Scatter with chopped parsley, top with lemon wedges and serve.
Prue Leith’s Falafel Wraps with Beetroot Hummus & Pickled Carrots
Prue Leith’s Egg Hoppers
Prue Leith’s Paneer Curry
Prue Leith’s Aebleskiver with Dark Chocolate
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Double Cheese & Spring Onion Bites with Sour Cream Dip
Prue Leith’s Chicken Karahi
Prue Leith’s Vegetable Momos (Tibetan Dumplings) with Momo Chutney