- 800ml fish or chicken stock
- Small pinch of saffron strands
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300g paella or risotto rice
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 220g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 400g frozen raw mixed seafood, defrosted
- 200g jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- Handful of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring your stock to the boil, stir in the saffron and set aside.
- Warm the oil in your Paella Pan and fry the onion until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, rice and white wine. Stir in the tomatoes and stock and season with salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the mixed seafood, peppers and frozen peas. Cover with foil and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice is tender but still with a little bite, and the liquid is absorbed.
- Scatter with chopped parsley, top with lemon wedges and serve.
Prue Leith’s Chicken Schnitzel with Gremolata
Prue Leith’s Cinnamon Sugar Popovers with Sweet Pumpkin Compote
Prue Leith’s Thai Prawn Cakes with Crunchy Rice Salad
Prue Leith’s Cheesy Garlic Dough Balls
Prue Leith’s Indian Chickpea Pancakes with Chicken Bites
Prue Leith’s Falafel Wraps with Beetroot Hummus & Pickled Carrots
Prue Leith’s Egg Hoppers
Prue Leith’s Paneer Curry