- 800ml fish or chicken stock
- Small pinch of saffron strands
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300g paella or risotto rice
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 220g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 400g frozen raw mixed seafood, defrosted
- 200g jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- Handful of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring your stock to the boil, stir in the saffron and set aside.
- Warm the oil in your Paella Pan and fry the onion until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, rice and white wine. Stir in the tomatoes and stock and season with salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the mixed seafood, peppers and frozen peas. Cover with foil and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice is tender but still with a little bite, and the liquid is absorbed.
- Scatter with chopped parsley, top with lemon wedges and serve.
Prue Leith’s Aebleskiver with Dark Chocolate
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Double Cheese & Spring Onion Bites with Sour Cream Dip
Prue Leith’s Chicken Karahi
Prue Leith’s Vegetable Momos (Tibetan Dumplings) with Momo Chutney
Prue Leith’s Fried Tortilla Chips with Guacamole
Prue Leith’s Warm Chapattis with Masala Scrambled Eggs
Prue Leith’s Pork, Ginger and Spring Onion Dumplings