- 4 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 800ml chicken stock
- 4cm ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, trimmed and bruised with a rolling pin
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 2 shallots, peeled, halved and finely sliced
- 150g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 300g raw tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 small red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Mix together the fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar then set aside.
- Finely chop the coriander stalks, reserving the leaves for later.
- Simmer the stock with the chopped coriander stalks, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and lime leaves for 10 minutes.
- Add the shallots, mushrooms and prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns change colour.
- Season with the fish sauce mix, and serve in warm bowls topped with the chilli, coriander leaves and spring onions.
Prue Leith’s Chicken Schnitzel with Gremolata
Prue Leith’s Cinnamon Sugar Popovers with Sweet Pumpkin Compote
Prue Leith’s Thai Prawn Cakes with Crunchy Rice Salad
Prue Leith’s Cheesy Garlic Dough Balls
Prue Leith’s Indian Chickpea Pancakes with Chicken Bites
Prue Leith’s Falafel Wraps with Beetroot Hummus & Pickled Carrots
Prue Leith’s Egg Hoppers
Prue Leith’s Paneer Curry