- 4 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 800ml chicken stock
- 4cm ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, trimmed and bruised with a rolling pin
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 2 shallots, peeled, halved and finely sliced
- 150g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 300g raw tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 small red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Mix together the fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar then set aside.
- Finely chop the coriander stalks, reserving the leaves for later.
- Simmer the stock with the chopped coriander stalks, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and lime leaves for 10 minutes.
- Add the shallots, mushrooms and prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns change colour.
- Season with the fish sauce mix, and serve in warm bowls topped with the chilli, coriander leaves and spring onions.
Prue Leith’s Aebleskiver with Dark Chocolate
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
Prue Leith’s Double Cheese & Spring Onion Bites with Sour Cream Dip
Prue Leith’s Chicken Karahi
Prue Leith’s Vegetable Momos (Tibetan Dumplings) with Momo Chutney
Prue Leith’s Fried Tortilla Chips with Guacamole
Prue Leith’s Warm Chapattis with Masala Scrambled Eggs
Prue Leith’s Pork, Ginger and Spring Onion Dumplings