- 40g butter, plus a little extra for greasing
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 125g white unsliced bread, weighed, with crusts removed (2-day old bread)
- 175g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 450ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh chives and spring onions, to garnish
- Grease a 1 litre pudding basin with butter. Melt the 40g butter in a frying pan and gently fry the leek and spring onions for 8-10 minutes, until very soft.
- Scatter a spoonful of the leek mixture into the base of the pudding basin. Mix the wholegrain mustard into the rest of the leeks.
- Slice the bread very thinly and put one layer in the base of the pudding basin. Sprinkle about one third of the cheese on top, followed by one third of the remaining leek mixture. Continue to layer the bread, cheese and leeks, finishing with a layer of bread.
- Beat together the eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper. Carefully pour into the pudding basin. Cover tightly with a piece of buttered foil and leave to stand for at least 20 minutes – or chill if making in advance.
- Place the OXO Good Grips® Pressure Cooker Trivet or another suitable trivet into the pressure cooker and add 400ml water. Fold a long strip of foil into four lengthways, and slide under the pudding basin to help lower it into the cooker. Fold any overhang over the top of the basin.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, secure the lid. Bring cooker up to high pressure (number 2), reduce heat to stabilise pressure, then cook for 15 minutes. Release pressure following the guidelines. Carefully lift the pudding basin from the cooker using the foil strips, protecting your hands with oven gloves. Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes, then turn out, garnish with chopped chives and spring onions and serve with fresh vegetables.
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®
Hot Dog Buns
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Slow-Cooked Breakfast Banana Bread
Slow-Cooked Cranberry & Rosemary Soda Bread
Mozzarella & Sun-Dried Tomato Mini Loaves
Gluten-Free Cheese & Garlic Tear & Share Bread