For the roasted pepper paste
- 250g jar roasted peppers, drained
- 100ml olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp salt
For the liquid base
- 200ml Essential Cuisine fish stock
- 200ml dry white wine
- 6-8 strands saffron
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 anchovies in oil
- 1 star anise
For the stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 150g potato, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 mackerel fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200g squid tubes, cut into small strips
- 200g raw king prawns
- 400g black mussels, cleaned
- Salt and pepper
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley, stalks removed then chopped
- To make the paste, combine the peppers, olive oil, garlic and salt in a jug and pure with a hand blender until smooth.
- To make the liquid base, combine the fish stock, wine, saffron, tomatoes and anchovies in a jug and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Add star anise.
- To make the stew, heat the oil in a lidded wok over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the potato and the roasted pepper paste, put the lid on and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the liquid base followed by the mackerel, squid, prawns and mussels and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, replace the lid and cook for 8 minutes.
- Discard any unopened mussels, taste then season and garnish with parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
Spiced Salmon & Spring Onion Fried Rice
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Prue Leith’s Classic Paella with Seafood
How to make… the Perfect Fish Pie with Sue Ashworth
Fabulous Family Fish Pie for the Remoska Tria
Prawn & Crab Cakes with Lemon & Coriander Tartare Sauce
Thai Prawn Mini Bakes
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®