- 2kg belly pork
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 bulb garlic, halved horizontally
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- A couple of sprigs of rosemary
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Spread the onions, garlic and fennel onto a baking tray. Add the rosemary and sprinkle with salt to help draw out the juices from the vegetables.
- Place the pork on top of the vegetables.
- Score the skin of the pork with sharp knife and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- In a pestle and mortar crush the fennel seeds with a teaspoon of salt. Then rub all over the skin of the pork, ensuring it gets into all the cuts, this will really help you get good crackling.
- Roast at 200°C for 30 minutes. Turn the temperature down to 160°C and roast for a further 2½ hours.