- 10ml Vegetable oil.
- 100g Peeled and finely sliced shallot.
- 1 Peeled and crushed garlic clove.
- 20g Peeled and finely shredded ginger root
- 1/2 Finely sliced seedless red chilli.
- 100g Sliced red pepper.
- 100g Washed button mushroom quarters.
- 20g Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock.
- 800ml Coconut milk.
- 200ml Double cream.
- 1tbsp Barts red or green Thai curry paste (or to taste).
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce.
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves.
- 2 Lightly crushed lemon grass sticks (will be removed)
- 4 Small skinless chicken breasts, cut into long strips.
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime juice.
- Good Twist of freshly ground pepper
- Sea Salt Season to your taste
- 1 tbsp Roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Finely shredded Thai basil leaves.
- Heat the oil in a suitably sized saucepan, gently fry the shallots and garlic until soft but with not too much colour.
- Stir in the ginger, chilli, red peppers and mushrooms.
- Add the Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock, coconut milk and cream, bring to the boil.
- Stir in the Thai curry paste, fish sauce, lime leaves and lemon grass.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add the chicken strips, stirring well to separate the flesh.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove the lime leaves and lemon grass stalks, add the lime juice, stir in hot water to adjust the consistency if required.
- Season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and basil and serve.
Prue Leith’s Hot & Sour Soup with Prawns
Lemony Chicken Soup with Leeks and Barley for Remoska Tria
Leftover Sunday Dinner Soup with Crispy Bacon
Minty Pea & Potato Soup with Crispy Kale and Seeds
Courgette, Leek & Goat Cheese Soup with Halloumi Croutons
Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo and Croutons
Curried Squash, Lentil & Coconut Soup with Toasted Coconut
Roasted Carrot, Sweet Potato & Turmeric Soup with Sriracha and Coconut Yoghurt