- 275g unsalted butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 1½ tsp orange extract
- 4 tsp chocolate extract
- 2 eggs
- 475g strong white flour, sifted
- 3 pinches baking powder
- 125g pistachios, chopped and toasted
- 75g chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 egg white
- A little sugar
- Mix the butter, sugar and extracts until just combined then add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour, baking powder, pistachios and chocolate chips, mix until a dough is formed.
- Divide the mixture into two. Place on a lightly floured surface, roll each into a cylinder about 30cm long, then flatten slightly until about 4cm thick. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F. Brush with egg white, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and firm in the middle.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, cut into 1cm thick slices and lay on a baking sheet. Turn the oven down to 150°C/300°F and bake for 10-15 to dry out. When completely cool, store in an airtight container.