- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 300ml milk
- Pre-cooked mini hot dogs or cocktail sausages
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/Gas 6. Lightly spray the inside of the mould with vegetable oil and place on a baking tray.
- To make the batter, add the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat the egg and milk into the dry ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Pour your batter into the holes in the mould until halfway full. Gently press a mini hot dog or cocktail sausage into the batter – you might be able to add a little bit more mix to fill the mould.
- Bake for approx. 15-20 minutes or until golden-brown. Leave to cool slightly before removing from the mould.