- 500g mixed vegetables ─ we used baby corn, green beans, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower florets and sliced red onion
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 6 star anise
- 350ml rice wine vinegar
- 350ml water
- 2 tbsp Good With Everything Herb Sea Salt
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Divide the vegetables, mustard seeds, peppercorns and star anise evenly between the sterilised jars.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat gently until the sea salt dissolves, then bring to the boil.
- Pour the hot liquid over the vegetables, making sure they are submerged. Add 2 sprigs of rosemary to each jar. Seal and allow to cool, before placing in the fridge.
Tip: The pickles can be eaten after 1 day but are better left for a few days to mature. Use within 2 weeks of making.
Cook’s note: Delicious served as an accompaniment to cold meats, especially lamb. Ideal to add to a buffet table or simply to eat as a snack with nibbles.