- 1kg baby turnips, peeled and halved
- 2 small beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 150ml white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 500ml water
- Sterilise the jar and allow to cool. Layer the turnips with the beetroot in the jar.
- Put the vinegar, garlic, salt and water in a small jelly pan and heat gently until the salt dissolves.
- Pour the mixture over the turnips and beetroot until completely covered. Seal the jar, allow to cool completely then label and store in a cool, dry place for at least 1 week.
Tip: Our 4.5 Litre Maslin Pan is ideal for this recipe. Best eaten within 6 months of pickling.