For the pastry
- A little flour, to dust
- 500g pack ready-made shortcrust pastry
For the filling
- 100g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- 2 ripe pears
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 10-12 mint leaves
- Handful flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease the tart tin and line the base.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and gently roll out the pastry. Line the tin with pastry, pressing gently into the base and edges, then trim away any excess. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Place the butter and sugar in a medium bowl, beat until soft and well-combined then stir in the almonds and flour. Add the egg and amaretto and mix well.
- Remove the tin from the fridge and add the filling, spreading evenly. Prepare the pears with our Apple Master or peel, core and slice them. Layer the pear slices in rows on top of the filling.
- Bake for approx. 35 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is puffed up, golden and spongy around the pear . Leave to cool for a few minutes before carefully removing from the tin.
- Before serving, dust the pastry edges with icing sugar and sprinkle the tart with mint leaves and flaked almonds.