For the muesli
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 140g rolled oats
- medium apple, coarsely grated
- 200g milk kefir
For the chai spices
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground ginger
For the compote
- 50g caster sugar
- 150g dried figs, halved
- 150g dried prunes
- 200g plums, stoned and quartered
- 1½ tsp chai spices
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Make the milk kefir according to the pack instructions.
- Prepare the chai tea using the tea bags and 150ml boiling water, then leave the tea to cool.
- Put the banana, oats and apple into a mixing bowl. Mix in the chai tea and the milk kefir. Cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Place all the chai spices into an airtight container and mix well.
- To make the compote, place the chai spices and all the compote ingredients into a medium pan with 200ml water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, reduce the heat and simmer for 8-12 minutes, or until the plums are soft. Leave to cool, and lift out the cinnamon stick. Transfer to a mixing bowl, cover and chill in the fridge until needed.
- To serve, place half the muesli in a serving bowl, spoon a layer of compote on top, add the remaining muesli and top with the rest of the compote.
Spanakopita Lattice Pie
Roasted Butternut Squash, Courgette & Red Pepper Lattice Pie
All-Time Favourite Cheese & Onion Lattice Pie
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
How to make… the perfect Risotto with Sue Ashworth
Spiced Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Bake for Remoska Tria