For the muesli
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 140g rolled oats
- medium apple, coarsely grated
- 200g milk kefir
For the chai spices
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground ginger
For the compote
- 50g caster sugar
- 150g dried figs, halved
- 150g dried prunes
- 200g plums, stoned and quartered
- 1½ tsp chai spices
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Make the milk kefir according to the pack instructions.
- Prepare the chai tea using the tea bags and 150ml boiling water, then leave the tea to cool.
- Put the banana, oats and apple into a mixing bowl. Mix in the chai tea and the milk kefir. Cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Place all the chai spices into an airtight container and mix well.
- To make the compote, place the chai spices and all the compote ingredients into a medium pan with 200ml water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, reduce the heat and simmer for 8-12 minutes, or until the plums are soft. Leave to cool, and lift out the cinnamon stick. Transfer to a mixing bowl, cover and chill in the fridge until needed.
- To serve, place half the muesli in a serving bowl, spoon a layer of compote on top, add the remaining muesli and top with the rest of the compote.
Courgette, Aubergine and Spinach Cannelloni
Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Beanburgers
Spiced Carrot, Chickpea & Cheddar Veggie Burgers
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Whole Roasted Cabbage Quarters with Sichuan Pepper, Soy, Sesame & Rice
The Most Indulgent Quick Cook Quiche: Broccoli, Gorgonzola, Chilli & Walnut
Crispy Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Squash & Sage