For the bread
- 3 Weetabix
- 80g seedless raisins
- 120g light soft brown sugar
- 200ml milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 120g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Mascarpone or low fat soft cheese
- Blueberries and honey
- Put the Weetabix into a mixing bowl with the raisins, sugar and milk. Cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas 3. Line a 450g (1lb) loaf tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and crack in the eggs. Beat together, then add to the soaked mixture with the flour, nutmeg and salt. Stir thoroughly, then pour into the tin. Put the loaf tin on a baking tray and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, checking that the cake is cooked by inserting a cake tester or fine skewer – it should come out clean. Cook for longer if required.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then turn out, slice and serve spread with mascarpone or low fat soft cheese and topped with blueberries and honey.