- 450g/1lb salmon fillet, skinned and pin boned
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- juice 1 small lemon
- 1/2 stem lemongrass, very finely chopped
- small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Chop the salmon very finely and place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly and season to taste. At this stage it is best to test the seasoning by cooking a tiny amount in the microwave oven or a small frying pan – then you can adjust as necessary.
- Divide the mixture into 4 parts and press into shape using the Burger Press. Steam for about 4 minutes and serve in buns with salad and lemon mayonnaise. Alternatively the burgers can be grilled or fried as desired.