- 500g (1lb 2oz) fresh salmon fillet, skinned and pin-boned
- 1 medium ‘chubby’ leek, washed and finely chopped
- 4cm (1½″) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1 medium free-range egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sunflower or olive oil to cook
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice to serve
These moist and moreish salmon burgers are lighter than a conventional fishcake, and fantastic sauted in the teensiest amount of oil ─ they steam beautifully too. Try them in a soft nutty Granary roll with some crisp lettuce and a little mayonnaise, or simply serve with a squeeze of lemon and a crunchy mixed salad!
- Cut the salmon into chunks and place the pieces into the bowl of a food processor, whiz until finely chopped and then transfer the chopped salmon to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir thoroughly. Divide the mixture into 6 and form into ‘burger’ shapes (the Burger Maker is brilliant here). If possible leave them in the fridge to chill for half an hour or so.
- Brush a small amount of sunflower or olive oil across the base of a non-stick pan and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side ─ take care not to overcook and don’t be tempted to fiddle around, moving them about too much while they’re cooking!
- If you would prefer to steam them, simply lay some greaseproof paper in the base of your steamer compartment and lay the burgers on top. Steam for 4-5 minutes. Whichever way you choose to cook them ─ squeeze over a little lemon juice and serve immediately!
Ooni’s Salami, Green Chilli & Olive Pizza
Ooni’s Flame Cooked Courgette and Cherry Tomato Pizza
Ooni’s Pepperoni Pizza
Ooni’s Green Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Pizza
Ooni’s Margherita Pizza
Ooni’s Milano Salami and Rocket Pizza
Ooni’s Roast Turkey, Camembert & Cranberry Pizza
Ooni’s Perfect Flame-Cooked Steak