- 3 tsp olive oil
- 8 shallots, finely sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 100g fillet steaks, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp creme
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- A handful of watercress
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a frying pan. Add the shallots, season and fry gently for 10 minutes until soft and golden. Add the vinegar and cook until the vinegar has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan, season the steaks and rub with the remaining olive oil. Griddle for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warm plate to rest ─ keep warm.
- Mix the creme and horseradish together, set aside. Griddle the bread for a minute on each side, spread each with the horseradish sauce and spoon on some of the shallots. Top with the sliced steak, some watercress and any remaining horseradish sauce.
Tip : A perfect supper with a rich Cabernet Sauvignon.
Toasted Panini with Mushroom, Swiss Cheese and Caramelised Onion
Toasted Ciabatta with Chicken, Cheese, Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
Brie & Cranberry Toasted Baguette
Quesadillas with Salmon and Avocado
Eggy Bread Toasty with Banana and Blueberries
Toasted Tortilla Wrap with Chicken and Avocado
Toasted BLT Bagel
Yakitori Mini Burgers with Wasabi Dip