- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 800g canned whole plum tomatoes
- 2 heaped tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Place the oil in a pan over a medium heat. When warm, add the garlic and fry until softened, but not brown.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, then simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, or until the flavour has deepened and the sauce has thickened slightly.
This sauce can be used straight away, or placed in an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to a week, ready to be used as required.
Ooni’s Infamous Diablo Pizza
Ooni’s Skillet-Baked Pizza Rolls
Ooni’s Raspberry, Mint and Mascarpone Dessert Pizza
Ooni’s Classic Pizza Dough
Ooni’s Kale, Green Bean, Aubergine & Cauliflower Vegan Pizza
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese
Deliciously Ella’s Sweet Potato Noodles with Satay sauce